Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hipster Scarves

I found this tutorial and have been really excited to try it out.

After fumbling around with the ruffle shirt, finally ripping out that bad seam, and sewing the back of the shirt on, I decided that, instead of tackling the next step of adding the sleeves, I'd try making some hipster t-shirt scarves.

I also decided to take some hipster picture glam shots for good measure.

How to: Make Re-purposed Hipster Scarves out of Old T-Shirts


  • Cut the hem off the bottom of the t-shirt

  • Cut the t-shirt into 1 1/2" horizontal strips up to the sleeves of the shirt


  • Grab the strips and stretch them until they roll up on themselves


  • Voila! Le hipster scarf is complete!
After making the first one with a slightly smaller than desired t-shirt, I decided to try this out on a larger t-shirt. The larger, the better.


I had lots of help throughout this process - haha.

Jaks thought I was making him hundreds of stretchy cat toys. Just as long as he doesn't attack them while they're wrapped around my neck, I think we'll be good. :)


Now that I've taken a short break from the tedious work on the ruffle shirt, perhaps I'll revisit it and try to finish it before the end of the week.





Keep crafting,

Gabriella

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I love it! Bet they look wicked on Mr. Jaks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Lol, never wear long earrings OR scarves around excitable kitties :x The result is never pleasant.

    Blasted hipsters keep filling the knitting tag on Tumblr with Dr.Who-related projects. Tardis socks out the wazoo! D:<

    Lol, I have some old Tshirts that will be turned into 'Tarn' through a similar method XD

    Hmmm, since everyone needs an "Emo Tard Pic", I submit that everyone also needs a "Hipster Glam Shot", and yours is the example of the latter everyone needs to aspire to.

    <3

    ReplyDelete