Sunday, September 11, 2011

Green Thumbs...

...cost green.

The boyfriend needed to get a cordless drill in order to wall-mount our speakers, so it was off to The Home Depot this afternoon.

While there, we found ourselves perusing the plants and walking down sunlit aisles of perennials, annuals, herbs, and trees.

I wanted to buy everything, but, my god, starting gardening projects is expensive.

I ended up buying enough to start a small potted herb garden to keep on the patio and to start a small potted succulent garden.


I'll have fresh basil, rosemary, and lemon verbana right on my patio! With luck, I'll eventually branch out and start a vegetable garden to go with the herbs.

I love love love fresh herbs, but I don't love buying them in the grocery store and then having to keep them in the fridge. About half of them always end up wilting before I can use them and going to waste.


I haven't decided yet if I want to keep the succulents on the kitchen windowsill or if I want to keep them on the patio.

We also bought a pre-potted succulent garden for the living room, so I'm thinking of keeping the other succulents on the patio.

For now, I'm just excited to have gardening projects to work on. Hopefully I'll keep these alive long enough to justify buying actual flowers. And considering how easy to keep alive succulents are, I certainly hope I can manage that.




Keep crafting,

Gabriella

4 comments:

  1. Yay! A fresh herb garden! Big desert-love for the succulents! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all the greenery! Flowers can be quite expensive but I hear they pay off in the long run. Having fresh herbs on hand will be great for when you cook or if, on a sunny afternoon, you decide to have some homemade herb tea! I wish I could grow things like that, but I tend to be forgetful so they all end up dying :/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information. venice beach marijuana dispensary

    ReplyDelete