Saturday, August 27, 2011

In the beginning...

...God created crafty people.

Eve was a complete seamstress from the beginning - gaining knowledge just so that she could learn how to make clothes. It's admirable, really.

Definite haute couture

Since I've moved to Florida, my new home has been severely lacking in a few key areas.

Namely, the crafting area.

I had to leave my sewing machine and crafting things at home in Missouri because we didn't have room in the car to take them with us for the big move.

I finally got around to ordering everything I needed from Joann.com - a sewing machine, sewing kit, thread sampler, tons of fabric, awesome patterns.

I get an email two days later saying that my sewing machine was out of stock and that part of my order was canceled.

Day after, the fabric was out of stock. Canceled.

Day after that, patterns and sewing accessories were out of stock. Canceled.

I was then left with an order of... nothing.

Thanks, Joann's. Appreciate that.

I ended up ordering another sewing machine and, thankfully, this time the order actually went through.

It's officially been shipped and is just days away from being attacked with my love.

In preparation for the new sewing machine, I went to a brick-and-mortar Joann's and bought some patterns, a sewing book, sewing kit and caddy, and some jersey knit. I'm just a jersey knit kind of girl. I think it will only work with one of the patterns I bought, but oh well... Guess that means I'll just have to take another trip to the fabric store...

While I don't have any current projects to show off because my sewing machine is still roaming the country in shipping, I do have some older projects that I did back when I still had my crafty stuff at my disposal.


These little guys are from the book Softies: Simple Instructions for 25 Plush Pals. It's a really cute book with lots of great patterns. My rudimentary sewing skills do no justice to the adorableness found inside!


This is my favorite floppy-eared one of the bunch. So cute!

While sewing is my favorite of the crafty activities, mostly because it's the only one I'm fairly proficient in - don't even get me started on knitting. I would love to learn how, but somehow I am unteachable in the ways of yarn and needles. - I have been known to craft in other ways.

One of my favorite alternatives to sewing is...

Woodburning.

At first I thought it was fairly lame - something for old men who live by misty lakes and have a dock and a toolshed. But once a friend introduced me to it, I quickly fell in love.

Fire!

Drawing!

Art!

All things I love.

Plus, if you're pretentious, you can call it "pyrographics", which is just awesome.



These are two of my woodburnings. I also have a sweet owl named Pietre, but alas, he is in Missouri at the moment.

Hopefully there should be more crafty goodness to come once my sewing machine arrives!




Keep crafting,

Gabriella

2 comments:

  1. This blog is wonderful, Gabriella, just like you, Babe! Your work is AMAZING!!! I lovelovelove!!! Thank you so much for linking me, I will do the same for you! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pyrography is amazing stuff! It's so pretty and the wood is pretty cheap too. You're woodburning is adorble :). You're like me- anything with yarn and needles is beyond my capabilities. I've tired and successfully failed. I sat watching a girl knit today wishing I could make stuff like that. I can't wait to see what other things you make with your new sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete